It’s like drinking a Christmas cranberry muffin… This smoothie is vegan and also banana-free and – using chia seeds to thicken and add some extra nutrition.
The combination of coconut oil, vanilla and the mixed spices create a comforting “freshly baked muffin” flavour, which not only makes this a healthy breakfast but also a really tasty treat.
It’s probably the most healthy thing I’ll be eating this Christmas.
The rest of my cooking/baking efforts have been focused on cookies, mainly. I’m having a real problem at the moment with eating everything I make before I photograph it properly…
There are so many recipes I meant to blog about but don’t have the photos to do so. Christmas cookies are just too hard to resist.
Cranberry Spice Smoothie
- 110 g / 1 cup cranberries fresh or frozen
- 300 ml / 1 1/4 cup almond milk can substitute for other dairy-free milks
- 1 heaped tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground mixed spice cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves
- optional 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup to taste
Simply blend all the ingredients together, adjusting the sweetness if needed. The longer the smoothie sits for, the more it will thicken.