Crumble weather is here! I love this time of year, mainly for the comforting, warming foods that I get the excuse to make.
This crumble definitely ticks the comforting and warming boxes. Plus, the flavours are just amazing. Imagine a classic apple and blackberry crumble with a gingerbread and almond twist. SO GOOD.
Another thing to love about crumbles is that they’re so easy to make. Minimal, easy prep and a fast baking time means this is perfect for last-minute desserts.
Using ground almonds for the crumble topping not makes this crumble gluten-free & paleo-friendly but also adds another flavour element and works wonderfully with the other ingredients.
I served this the night I made it to some friends who had no idea it was “healthy” and absolutely loved it. Especially served with some coconut milk ice cream.
This crumble is:
- 2 Bramley apples (approx 300g), peeled and cubed
- 150g / 1 cup blackberries
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 3 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 180C / 350F.
- Add the fruit, coconut sugar and water to a saucepan. Simmer for 5-8 minutes until soft.
- Meanwhile, make the "crumble" by adding all the crumble ingredients, except the oil and mix together. Add the oil in, a tablespoon at a time, until the mixture begins to clump together.
- Once the fruit is soft, add to a baking dish and top with the crumble mixture.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the topping is crisp and golden.
- Serve with a scoop of coconut milk ice cream and enjoy!