Comforting, flavourful oatmeal cookies with spice, orange and raisins. This vegan recipe is easy to make and a perfect treat for the Autumn and Winter months.
I’m really excited about today’s post because not only is this recipe incredibly delicious but it’s from one of my favourite blogging friend’s new cookbook!
These orange oatmeal raisin cookies are filled with warm festive flavour but no eggs or dairy, making these totally vegan-friendly (like all the recipes you’ll find here).
I’ve made these many times now and always crave more.
‘Bit of the Good Stuff’ by Sharon Collins
These cookies are from the ‘Bit of the Good Stuff’ cookbook, which is one of those cookbooks that is just a great all-rounder. Whether you want something healthy or indulgent, it’s just got the best of both. It’s the kind of book you would reach for to choose what to make for dinner or to plan your meals with.
And those are the best kinds of cookbooks, don’t you think?
Spiced Orange Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
This recipe really caught my eye from the book because I realised I have no oatmeal cookies on the blog, plus it’s just so perfect for this time of year!
The smell that filled my kitchen when baking these was just so heavenly. And the flavour was even more heavenly.
These are one of the best holiday cookies I’ve ever tried! So flavourful and the texture is incredible.
- 30 ml / 2 tbsp soya or almond milk
- 40 ml /3 tbsp organic rapeseed, canola oilor other neutral- flavoured oil
- 40 g / 1⁄4 cup unrefined cane sugaror coconut sugar
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 1 ⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ⁄2 tbsp zest from 1 organic/unwaxed orange
- 70 g / 3⁄4 cup rolled oats, quick oats, not jumbo
- 50 g / 1⁄3 cup wholemeal, whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 ⁄2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 ⁄4 tsp ground ginger
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 ⁄4 tsp bicarbonate of soda, baking soda 1⁄4 tsp baking powder
- 1 ⁄4 tsp salt
- 45 g / 1⁄4 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 180C (160C fan) / 350F. Line a large baking sheet with non-stick baking paper.
- Add the milk, oil and sugar to a mixing bowl and whisk together with a fork until fully combined. Whisk
- in the orange extract, vanilla extract and orange zest.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (oats, our, spices, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt). Tip the dry ingredients into the wet ingredient bowl and stir to combine. Stir in the raisins.
- Scoop rounded tablespoons of dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Using damp hands, press the dough balls into cookie shapes (these cookies don’t spread much).
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until lightly browned and dry to the touch.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes (the cookies will rm up as they cool), then use a thin spatula/slotted
- turner to slide them o the baking paper and transfer to a wire rack.
- Once completely cooled, store in an airtight container, where they will keep for a week. They also freeze really well.
Nutrition InformationYield 9 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 252Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 5mgSodium 1234mgCarbohydrates 41gFiber 4gSugar 11gProtein 5g