Who else can’t get enough of tahini? It’s amazing for both sweet and savoury treats!
These rice krispie treats combine the smooth, flavourful sesame paste with whole sesame seeds for extra crunch. They are so ridiculously moreish.
In fact, I almost ate this entire batch to myself within 2 days. Next time I’ll have to make sure there is someone about to share them with!
Not only do these treats taste seriously good but they’re quite healthy too. Especially if you use brown rice crisped cereal instead of rice krispies and coconut sugar instead of brown sugar.
They’re also super easy to make and can be ready in 30 minutes! Then they can be stored for up to a week (if you can make them last that long…)
And despite being nut-free, they have a really lovely nutty flavour. So if you have a nut allergy but are craving something a little “nutty” in flavour, then you will love these!
These treats are:
- Vegan and dairy-free
- Free-from refined sugars
If you enjoyed this recipe, let me know in the comments, leave a rating and tag #WallflowerKitchen on instagram so I can share your creations in my stories!
- 120 g / 1/2 cup tahini
- 4 tbsp agave nectar
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 35 g / 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 120 g / 4 cups crispy brown rice cereal, or rice krispies
- Prepare an 8x8 inch tin with greaseproof paper or non-stick foil.
- In a large saucepan, stir together the tahini, agave nectar and coconut sugar on a low heat until well combined. Don't let the mixture burn.
- Remove from the heat and add the sesame seeds and brown rice cereal. Work quickly to mix everything together.
- Transfer the mixture into your prepared tin and press down as firmly as possible. Leave to set for about an hour then enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 16 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 109Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 0mgSodium 49mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 1gSugar 5gProtein 2g