Purple grapes and rosemary combine to create the most incredible flavour, in this refreshing Summer sorbet. Naturally vegan and gluten-free recipe.
I know I should say this about all my recipes but… YOU HAVE TO TRY THIS!! This sorbet has the most addictive, wonderful and extraordinary flavour.
Whoever thought that the combination of grapes and rosemary could create such an amazing dessert?
The inspiration came from a magazine article on cheese pairings that I read out of desperate boredom, whilst in the dentist’s waiting room a few weeks back.
I don’t eat cheese but I’m always interested in what flavours work with each other.
And once I read that grape and rosemary were complimentary, I dreamed up this sorbet and have been dying to make it ever since.
I was definitely not disappointed with the result…
This sorbet is also super easy to make, vegan, free from refined sugars, fat-free and paleo-friendly!
Purple Grape & Rosemary Sorbet
A refreshing and sophisticated sorbet with the most unbelievably good flavour combination. You have to try this!
- 180 ml / ¾ cup maple syrup
- 180 ml / ¾ cup water
- A few sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 720 ml / 3 cups purple grape juice
- optional 2 tbsp alcohol such as vodka, whiskey, brandy etc.*
- Make a simple syrup by heating the maple syrup and water in a small saucepan. Add the fresh rosemary to the pan. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Leave to cool, then strain and mix with the purple grape juice and alcohol (if using).
- Chill the mixture for a couple of hours, until completely cold.
- You can either add it straight to an ice cream machine and churn until thick and smooth or you can give it a good whisk before freezing, then whipping again an hour after it's frozen to break up any ice that forms.
- Add the sorbet to a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight before serving.
*The alcohol keeps the sorbet from freezing too hard.
Nutrition InformationYield 12
Amount Per Serving Calories 88Carbohydrates 23g
Debbie Riffel says
I love this recipe! If you like Rosemary you need to try this. If you don’t you might after you taste this recipe! This sorbet is refreshing and just the right amount of sweet! I have made more than one batch let me just say that LOL enjoy your summer everyone! And thank you Wallflower kitchen for sharing this wonderful recipe with us!
I am so happy you enjoyed it as much as I did! You’ve reminded me to make some again soon. Thanks for your comment and have a great summer too :-)
Danielle @ So Munch Love says
Wowww… that color tho. I also love the idea of rosemary and grape, sounds so elegant and fancy. And I love your moody photos. Thanks for sharing!
Sarah | Well and Full says
I can’t get over these photos! Not only is the color of the sorbet so vibrant, but I love the contrast with the gray background. Lovely!
Thanks so much, Sarah!
Kate - Gluten Free Alchemist says
Stunning colour and intriguing flavour combo! Delicious….. Love it!!