Crunchy yet chewy granola bars with a salty peanut flavour and a sweet chocolate topping.
I cannot get enough of these!
In this recipe I’ve used coconut sugar and maple syrup to give a rich, sweet flavour and also because these sweeteners are natural, high in minerals and lower GI than regular sugar.
These bars are also full of wholegrain goodness from the oats, wholegrain flour and brown rice cereal.
Vegan Peanut Butter Granola Bars
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Crunchy, moreish peanut butter granola bars made with vegan ingredients.
- 4 tbsp vegan butter or coconut oil
- A pinch of salt
- 240 g / 3 cups jumbo oats
- 100 g / ½ cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 120 ml / ½ cup maple syrup
- 6 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 25 g / 1 cup rice krispies or brown rice crisped cereal
- 40 g / ¼ cup spelt or plain flour
- 30 g / ¼ cup dry roasted peanuts
- (optional) 40 g / ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 170C / 340F and line an 8 x 8 inch baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the vegan butter or coconut oil in a large saucepan on medium heat with a pinch of salt. Stir in the oats, making sure they're well coated.
- Add the coconut sugar, maple syrup and peanut butter. Stir until melted and well combined.
- Remove from the heat and add the remaining ingredients (except the chocolate.)
- Transfer the mixture into the baking tray and press down firmly. It will be quite sticky!
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Leave to cool in the tray for a few minutes before cutting into 14 bars.
- (Optional) Drizzle some melted chocolate onto the bars and leave to set in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Store in an air tight container.
Nutrition InformationYield 14
Amount Per Serving Calories 187Saturated Fat 1gCarbohydrates 30gFiber 2gProtein 4g
Looks yummy. Excited to try your recipe! How long will the bars will stand for?
Why are the jumbo oats essential? or are they? ;) I will be making these tomorrow! Love the recipe and as multiple other comments state, love the presentation as well. :)
I love flapjacks and this awesome recipe with the crisped rice in it reminds me of being a kid – though we didn’t have peanut butter then. Yummy!
I can’t imagine life without peanut butter. These are sooooo good!
I love how you wrapped them one. I wish someone would give me a present like that :D