I love the idea of giving homemade gifts but must confess I am usually quite lazy on this front.
However, here is one gift idea that I did manage to get around to making (because it’s so quick and easy to make!) A gingerbread body scrub.
Not only is it very cheap, quick and easy to put together but it also smells incredible and is super good for your skin!
It is thoroughly recommended that you make or purchase a gingerbread man to eat whilst making this scrub. It will make you very happy.
You will need…
- 500g / 2 cups brown sugar
- 240ml / 1 cup oil (coconut oil and sweet almond oil are good choices)
- 2 tbsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp mixed spice (or pumpkin pie mix)
- A jar or container
Optional extras: Add 1 tbsp vitamin E oil for dry skin
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. If the mixture is too oily, add sugar, if it’s too dry, add more oil. Adjust spice measurements to your liking. Some oils can mask the scent of the ginger and cinnamon, so add more if needed.
- Store in an air-tight container or jar and decorate!
And there you are! A lovely, homemade, healthy gift idea for Christmas :-)
Lucie Hume says
I gave this recipe a try and it didn’t work at all I’m very disappointed. I used the exact amount of olive oil it states in the recipe but it was so oily so I used more sugar but it was still oily and the smell was awful, I was hoping to smell the delicious spices but all I got was a sickening smell of olive oil. I’ll have to try coconut oil next time, but I ended up using a whole bag of sugar
Sorry about that Lucie. I should have made clear that it should be a mild olive oil – I will add that to the notes and apologise that you had to waste ingredients.