A fresh, flavourful and crunchy salad with roasted new potatoes, peppers and mango chutney. Filling enough to be a meal in itself or a smaller portion for a side-dish.
After over-indulging on mince pies, gingerbread men, Christmas cake and other festive treats, I have been craving light, fresh and healthy recipes.
But one thing I am never sick of is potatoes.
This Indian Potato Salad includes roasted baby potatoes with spice, for a comforting carb-y addition. And the textures are so crunchy and satisfying, plus it is just bursting with fresh flavours.
What’s in this crunchy potato salad?
- Spicy roasted baby potatoes
- Raw red pepper
- Raw Carrot
- Leafy greens
- Coriander (cilantro)
- Spring onions
- Chopped cashews
- Mango chutney
More Vegan Salads
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500 g baby potatoes, halved
- A large pinch of salt
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- ½ medium cucumber, halved lengthways and thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, sliced into ribbons
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 80 g watercress, spinach and rocket leaves, washed
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 40 g raw cashews, chopped
- A large handful of fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
For the vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp mango chutney
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 220C. Add oil to a large roasting tin and put in the oven for about 15 minutes, to get really hot. Add the potatoes and carefully toss to coat in the oil, adding the salt and curry powder. Roast for 25 minutes until golden. Allow to cool completely.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to a large salad bowl, along with the cooled potatoes.
- Make the vinaigrette by whisking all the ingredients together in a small jug. When you're ready to serve, pour the dressing on top of the salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Alternatively, you can air-fry the potatoes for 20 minutes on a high temperature, for a lower fat option.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1 bowl
Amount Per Serving Calories 149Total Fat 6.7gSaturated Fat 1.1gTrans Fat 0gCarbohydrates 21.1gFiber 2gSugar 4.9gProtein 3g