Thank you Natural Balance for sponsoring this recipe!
Who doesn’t love breakfasts that taste like desserts? This Banoffee Parfait is like eating a sweet, delicious banana and toffee pie that’s secretly nutritious!
Using Nakd’s Banana Crunch bar to create the pie crust element, blended dates for a healthy (but nonetheless incredibly delicious) caramel, fresh bananas and dairy-free yoghurt.
Naturally sweetened, dairy-free, vegan, gluten-free and high in fibre and protein. Get the recipe below!
Can I make this recipe without Nakd bars?
Yes! Don’t worry if you can’t get hold of any. Simply blend 2 tablespoons of oats, 10 cashews and 2 dates in a food processor to create a “crumb” mixture. It’s not the same but it will work in the same way and still be delicious.
If you enjoyed this recipe, let me know in the comments, leave a rating and tag #WallflowerKitchen on instagram so I can share your creations in my stories!
- 2 Nakd Banana Crunch bars (see notes if you can't get hold of these)*
- 4 medjool dates, stones removed 6 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 banana, sliced
- 250 g / 1 cup dairy-free yoghurt
- Crumble the Nakd bars into very small pieces, either using your hands or a food processor.
- Blend the medjool dates with the hot water, coconut oil and vanilla until it creates a thick,
- smooth caramel.
- Start layering the parfait by adding a heaped tablespoon of the crumbled Nakd bars into the
- bottoms of each glass, add a tablespoon of the caramel, then a layer of banana slices and top
- with a generous dollop of yoghurt. Repeat to create the next layer.
- Top with a few banana slices and any leftover caramel sauce and crumbled Nakd bars.
- Serve straight away.
*To substitute the bars, simply blend 2 tablespoons of oats, 10 cashews and 2 dates in a food processor to create a "crumb" mixture. It's not the same but it will work in the same way and still be delicious.