Since today is such a lovely day and my ice cream maker has miraculously started working again, after months of not switching on, I decided to make some of my favourite ice cream – Blueberry coconut ice cream.
- 720 ml / 3 cups coconut milk (use the full-fat kind from a tin)
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 200 g / 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 120 ml / ½ cup maple syrup
- A big squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional 1 tbsp alcohol, such as vodka or gin
- Mix all the ingredients, except the alcohol, together in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Pour into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Once boiling, remove from the heat and whisk until smooth and thickened.
- Stir in the alcohol, if using.
- Pour into a container and chill overnight.
Instructions for using an ice cream maker
- Once the mixture is chilled, you simply need to add it to your ice cream machine, following the manufacturer's instructions. Once churned, add to a shallow, freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.
Instructions without using an ice cream maker
- If you have a stand mixer with a metal bowl, you can freeze the bowl overnight and "churn" the ice cream using the paddle attachment.
- Otherwise, you will need to whisk the mixture well before freezing it and may need to check on it a couple of times and whisk again to add lot's of air to it and prevent it turning icy.
Amount Per Serving Fiber 0g