A nutty vegan ice cream made with creamy almond butter and a palm sugar caramel sauce. The saltiness of the almonds and sweetness of the caramel make a wonderful flavour combination.
If you enjoyed this recipe, let me know in the comments, leave a rating and tag #WallflowerKitchen on instagram so I can share your creations in my stories!
- For the ice cream
- 500ml (2 cups) almond milk
- 170g (2/3 cup) almond butter
- 70g (1/2 cup) palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For the caramel
- 2 tbsp palm sugar
- 60ml (1/4 cup) almond milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Roasted & salted almonds, chopped
- To make the ice cream, mix the almond milk, butter, sugar and vanilla extract in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Then remove from the heat and chill the mixture for at least 2 hours until cold.
- To make the caramel, boil the sugar, salt and milk together, stirring continually. Cook for 10 minutes on a medium heat then remove from the heat, stir in the vanilla and chill.
- Churn the ice cream according to your ice cream makers instructions.
- Serve with the caramel sauce and top with chopped almonds. Enjoy!