For times when you can’t get to (or dread the thought of going to) the shops, if you’ve reached your food budget for the month or just want something quick and simple for dinner… these 15 vegan store-cupboard meals are great go-to’s.
Some of the recipes include a few fresh items which you may already have to use up or if you need to, you can substitute with frozen, jarred, dried version or simply omit altogether.
I recommend stocking your cupboard and freezer with the below, if you haven’t already.
- Salt, spices and dried herbs
- Marmite or miso (for adding depth of flavour) and soy sauce
- Chopped tomatoes
- Tins of coconut milk
- Tins of cooked beans and lentils (or dried)
- Dried pasta
- Basmati and risotto rice
- Nutritional yeast (for adding an amazing cheesy flavour)
- Cashew nuts (for making an incredible cream or cheese sauce, adding to curries or blending into soup for a creamy texture)
- Jars of roasted red peppers and artichokes
- Dried soy mince or TVP
- Dairy-free milk
- Curry pastes
- Chopped onion
- Chopped garlic
- Chopped chilli
- Fresh chopped herbs
- Soffritto mix (mixture of onion, carrot & celery – great base for soups)
- Peas, corn, spinach and various frozen vegetables
- Edamame beans
- Mixed berries
- Ready rolled shortcrust and puff pastry (vegan-friendly)
- Vegan mince and sausages
What are your favourite store-cupboard go-to meals?