Thank you to Nakd for sponsoring this recipe!
It’s almost January (can you believe it?) which means it’s almost time for Veganuary!
I’ve teamed up with the lovely people at Nakd again to create some delicious and healthy vegan recipes for the start of the year, using their bars and nibbles.
The first recipe I’ll be sharing is this quinoa porridge. Have you tried quinoa porridge before? It might seem a little strange as it’s usually something eaten in a salad or as part of a healthy dinner but surprisingly it makes a delicious, creamy porridge too!
Using Nakd’s Coconut Nibbles, I’ve turned this porridge into a tropical-themed breakfast, adding a mixture of tropical fruits and flavours. Adds a bit of sunshine to your day.
Of course, you can mix up the flavours if you want to. I find that coconut milk gives the creamiest result but you can also experiment with other dairy-free milks such as almond or rice milk.
This quinoa porridge is:
- 85g / ½ cup quinoa
- 300ml / 2¼ cups coconut milk + extra, for serving
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 bag Nakd coconut nibbles
- Chopped tropical fruit (such as pineapple, mango, kiwi, pomegranate)
- (Optional) Dried coconut
- Rinse the quinoa and drain. Add to a medium saucepan with the coconut milk, vanilla and maple syrup.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes, until the quinoa has absorbed all the liquid.
- Divide the quinoa between two bowls and stir in a little extra milk, to make it creamy.
- Serve with the Nakd coconut nibbles, fruit and dried coconut. Enjoy!