Thank you Natural Balance for sponsoring this recipe!
I’m a latecomer to this overnight oats trend but now I’ve tried it, I can see what the fuss is about. What’s not to love about a breakfast that’s quick to prepare and ready first thing in the morning?
Plus, it’s so good for you and can be made to taste so delicious.
This is another recipe I’ve created in partnership with Nakd bars and this time I’ve used their Strawberries & Cream Nibbles.
The nibbles are added to the overnight oats but don’t worry if you can’t get hold of them – they’re just extras and not required to make this recipe!
I’m sure you know the deal with overnight oats by now but the idea is that you prepare a mixture of oats and whatever other ingredients you’re using at night, leave them to sit in the fridge and in the morning, they’re ready to eat straight from the container.
Here in the UK we call it ‘Bircher Muesli’.
You can warm them up if you prefer but most tend to eat them as they come.
Along with the creaminess of the oats and the almond milk, the “cream” element mainly comes from dairy-free yoghurt. You can use whatever yoghurt you like whether it’s soy-based or coconut-based.
If you enjoyed this recipe, let me know in the comments, leave a rating and tag #WallflowerKitchen on instagram so I can share your creations in my stories!
- 30 g / 1/3 cup gluten-free porridge oats
- Approx 6 large fresh strawberries, chopped into small chunks
- 80 ml / 1/3 cup almond milk, or other dairy-free milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp dairy-free yoghurt
- (Optional) 1 x bag of Nakd Strawberries & Cream Nibbles
- Add the oats and half of the chopped strawberries to two small jars or bowls. Stir to combine.
- Mix in the dairy-free milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Leave in the fridge for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- To serve, you can either heat the mixture on the hob for a couple of minutes or eat straight from the fridge.
- Fill the rest of the jar or bowl up with yoghurt and (optional) Nakd nibbles or other treats.
- Add extra the rest of the strawberries to serve.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 327Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 55mgSodium 158mgCarbohydrates 35gFiber 3gSugar 27gProtein 9g