Thank you Natural Balance for sponsoring this recipe!
I’m a latecomer to this overnight oats trend but now I’ve tried it, I can see what the fuss is about. What’s not to love about a breakfast that’s quick to prepare and ready first thing in the morning? Plus, it’s so good for you and can be made to taste so delicious.
This is another recipe I’ve created in partnership with Nakd bars and this time I’ve used their Strawberries & Cream Nibbles. If you’ve not tried them before, they taste just as they sound – like nibbles of strawberries and cream! So good.
I’m sure you know the deal with overnight oats by now but the idea is that you prepare a mixture of oats and whatever other ingredients you’re using at night, leave them to sit in the fridge and in the morning, they’re ready to eat straight from the container. You can warm them up if you prefer but most tend to eat them as they come.
Along with the creaminess of the oats and the almond milk, the “cream” element mainly comes from dairy-free yoghurt. You can use whatever yoghurt you like whether it’s soy-based or coconut-based.
These overnight oats are:
- 30g / ⅓ cup gluten-free porridge oats
- 1 x bag of Nakd Strawberries & Cream Nibbles
- Approx 6 large fresh strawberries, chopped into small chunks
- 80ml / ⅓ cup almond milk (or other dairy-free milk)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp dairy-free yoghurt
- Add the oats, half the Nakd nibbles and half the chopped strawberries to a jar or bowl. Stir to combine.
- Mix in the dairy-free milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Leave in the fridge for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- To serve, you can either heat the mixture on the hob for a couple of minutes or eat straight from
- the fridge.
- Fill the rest of the jar or bowl up with yoghurt and the rest of the Nakd nibbles and fresh
- strawberries, before serving.