I’ve been obsessed with balsamic vinegar lately, adding it to all my meals and binge-eating bread and and balsamic vinegar dip. It’s pretty addictive stuff and adds such a wonderful, unique flavour to things.
Today’s recipe uses it to bring out the sweetness of seasonal asparagus and give a crisp golden coating to these new potatoes.
So flavourful, so moreish and so comforting. I think this would make the perfect side dish for an Easter lunch or dinner. Or just a simple, casual weeknight dinner in itself.
- 1 kg new potatoes (such as Jersey Royal or another small waxy variety), cut into quarters
- 250 g asparagus tips, cut into 2 inch pieces or halved
- 2 tbsp garlic-infused olive oil
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- A generous pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200C / 390F.
- In a large roasting tin, add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt. Add the potatoes and toss to coat fully before roasting for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, add the asparagus with a little extra olive oil, if needed. Toss to coat and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Season with extra balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size g
Amount Per Serving Calories 292Saturated Fat 1gCarbohydrates 47gFiber 5gSugar 5gProtein 7g