This recipe is from my book ‘Coconut Milk Ice Cream’ which has over 80 recipes for ice cream and other frozen desserts, made from coconut milk.
For a play on my favourite ice cream flavour, Raspberry Ripple, I’ve added a hint of rosewater which is absolutely divine.
Vegan Rose Raspberry Ripple Ice Cream
Yield: 1 quart
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
A recipe from my book 'Coconut Milk Ice Cream'
For the rose raspberry coulis
- 1 tsp rosewater
- 65 g / ½ cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
For the ice cream
- 720 ml / 3 cups coconut milk
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 120 ml / ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- optional 1 tbsp alcohol, such as vodka, gin, rum etc.
To make the coulis
- Mix the rosewater, raspberries, lemon and maple syrup together in a blender or food processor until you have a smooth puree.
- Pour the mixture into a small saucepan and simmer for about 5 minutes until thickened and reduced.
- Refrigerate until needed for the ice cream.
To make the ice cream
- Mix 60ml / ¼ cup coconut milk with the arrowroot powder in a small bowl and set aside to thicken.
- Pour the rest of the milk into a saucepan with the maple syrup and bring to a boil, immediately stir in the arrowroot mixture to thicken the liquid. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla and alcohol.
- Chill in the fridge until cold, then churn.
- Transfer the mixture to a freezer-safe container. Pour the coulis over the ice cream and use a skewer to swirl it through.
- Freeze for at least 3 hours or overnight.
June @ How to Philosophize with Cake says
Wow that is a really exquisite-sounding ice cream flavor! Rosewater is such a great flavor, I bet it works wonderfully in here :)
It looks beautiful AImee!
Thank you Vicky! x
This really is the prettiest!
Thank you Chrissy :D
Sarah | Well and Full says
This is such a beautiful ice cream! I love any ice creams with swirls in it :)
Me too. I’m all about the swirls!
Mariana @TheCandidKitchen says
Beautiful recipe, Aimee x
Thanks Mariana! Hope you’re having a good 2016 so far x