Fun, colourful and delicious Funfetti Rice Krispie treats that are vegan-friendly and naturally gluten-free too!
My brain keeps wanting to call these “Birthday Cake” Rice Krispie treats, since I associate funfetti so strongly with that.
But in any case, these are so tasty and fun to make too.
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 150 g vegan marshmallows, I used 2 bags of vanilla Freedom Mallows
- 80 ml / ⅓ cup light agave nectar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 170 g / 6 cups rice krispies
- Approximately 5 tbsp vegan-friendly sprinkles
- Line a 9x9 inch pan with greaseproof paper.
- In a large saucepan, melt the coconut oil with the marshmallows and agave. Bring to a boil then turn the heat down low and stir for a minute so everything becomes thick and gloopy!
- Remove from the heat, stir in the vanilla and then the rice krispies and sprinkles. Mix until the rice krispies are completely coated.
- Transfer to the baking pan and press down firmly.
- Leave to set for an hour (or speed things up by placing in the fridge for 30 minutes) then cut into squares.
- Keep in an air-tight tin at room temperature for up to 5 days. Enjoy!