Fun, colourful and delicious Funfetti Rice Krispie treats that are vegan-friendly and naturally gluten-free too!
My brain keeps wanting to call these “Birthday Cake” Rice Krispie treats, since I associate funfetti so strongly with that.
But in any case, these are so tasty and fun to make too.
If you enjoyed this recipe, let me know in the comments, leave a rating and tag #WallflowerKitchen on instagram so I can share your creations in my stories!
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 150 g vegan marshmallows, I used 2 bags of vanilla Freedom Mallows
- 80 ml / 1/3 cup light agave nectar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 170 g / 6 cups rice krispies
- Approximately 5 tbsp vegan-friendly sprinkles
- Line a 9x9 inch pan with greaseproof paper.
- In a large saucepan, melt the coconut oil with the marshmallows and agave. Bring to a boil then turn the heat down low and stir for a minute so everything becomes thick and gloopy!
- Remove from the heat, stir in the vanilla and then the rice krispies and sprinkles. Mix until the rice krispies are completely coated.
- Transfer to the baking pan and press down firmly.
- Leave to set for an hour (or speed things up by placing in the fridge for 30 minutes) then cut into squares.
- Keep in an air-tight tin at room temperature for up to 5 days. Enjoy!