A delicious buttercream frosting that tastes just like white chocolate! It’s made without refined sugars and can easily be made paleo-friendly by using arrowroot powder and palm shortening.
Use this buttercream to make:
- 4 tbsp corn starch or arrowroot powder
- 240 ml / 1 cup almond milk or soy milk
- 100 g cacao butter
- 80 ml / ⅓ cup agave nectar or maple syrup
- 400 g dairy-free butter or palm shortening
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix the corn starch and almond milk together in a blender and add to a saucepan. Bring to a boil, remove from the heat and stir until thickened and smooth. Stir in the agave and leave to the side.
- Gently melt the cacao butter over a low heat.
- In a stand mixer, add the dairy-free butter / shortening and whisk with the vanilla extract. Slowly pour in the cornstarch mixture and melted cacao butter. It doesn't matter if it's still warm, just keep whisking until thick and smooth.
- Leave to cool completely in the fridge before using for frosting. You may need to whip it again to soften it before using.