It’s a miracle I managed to get any photographs of these cupcakes on the blog because they were very nearly all gone before I managed to even fetch my camera.
Sometimes you just don’t care about getting a good photo because you’d rather just scoff the lot in that moment, which was definitely the case here. Suffice to say, these are extremely addictive.
Inspired by doughnuts, these cupcakes are a real doddle to make (unlike actual doughnuts) but will satisfy your jam doughnut cravings and your cupcake cravings all in one!
If you enjoyed this recipe, let me know in the comments, leave a rating and tag #WallflowerKitchen on instagram so I can share your creations in my stories!
- 240 ml / 1 cup unsweetened dairy-free milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 250 g / 1¼ cup self-raising flour*
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 80 ml / ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 150 g / ¾ cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Seedless raspberry jam
- Icing / confectioner's sugar, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 170c and line a cupcake tray with liners.
- Mix the almond milk and vinegar together in a bowl or jug and leave to "curdle" for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the flour and corn starch together in a separate bowl.
- Add the oil, sugar and vanilla extract to the almond milk and then the flour mixture. Stir everything until just combined.
- Divide equally between 12 cupcake cases and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and spongey to the touch.
- Leave to cool completely before coring the centre of the cupcakes. I used an apple corer but you can also find cupcake corers.
- Fill the centres with the jam and dust with icing sugar.
*If you don't have self-raising flour, add 1 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda to plain flour instead.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 229Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 2mgSodium 182mgCarbohydrates 38gFiber 0gSugar 27gProtein 3g