These vegan treats are a cross between a cupcake and jam donut! Easy to make and ready in a fraction of the time it takes to make donuts…
It’s a miracle I managed to get any photographs of these cupcakes on the blog because they were very nearly all gone before I managed to even fetch my camera.
Inspired by doughnuts, these cupcakes are a real doddle to make (unlike actual doughnuts) but will satisfy your jam doughnut cravings and your cupcake cravings all in one!
- 240 ml / 1 cup unsweetened dairy-free milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 250 g / 1¼ cup self-raising flour*
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 80 ml / ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 150 g / ¾ cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Seedless raspberry jam
- Icing / confectioner's sugar, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 170c and line a cupcake tray with liners.
- Mix the almond milk and vinegar together in a bowl or jug and leave to "curdle" for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the flour and corn starch together in a separate bowl.
- Add the oil, sugar and vanilla extract to the almond milk and then the flour mixture. Stir everything until just combined.
- Divide equally between 12 cupcake cases and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and spongey to the touch.
- Leave to cool completely before coring the centre of the cupcakes. I used an apple corer but you can also find cupcake corers.
- Fill the centres with the jam and dust with icing sugar.
*If you don't have self-raising flour, add 1 tsp baking powder and ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda to plain flour instead.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 229Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 2mgSodium 182mgCarbohydrates 38gFiber 0gSugar 27gProtein 3g