It’s a miracle I managed to get any photographs of these cupcakes on the blog because they were very nearly all gone before I managed to even fetch my camera.
Sometimes you just don’t care about getting a good photo because you’d rather just scoff the lot in that moment, which was definitely the case here. Suffice to say, these are extremely addictive.
Inspired by doughnuts, these cupcakes are a real doddle to make (unlike actual doughnuts) but will satisfy your jam doughnut cravings and your cupcake cravings all in one!
- Preheat the oven to 170c and line a cupcake tray with liners.
- Mix the almond milk and vinegar together in a bowl or jug and leave to "curdle" for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the flour and corn starch together in a separate bowl.
- Add the oil, sugar and vanilla extract to the almond milk and then the flour mixture. Stir everything until just combined.
- Divide equally between 12 cupcake cases and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and spongey to the touch.
- Leave to cool completely before coring the centre of the cupcakes. I used an apple corer but you can also find cupcake corers.
- Fill the centres with the jam and dust with icing sugar.