Happy Veganuary! To celebrate, I’m running a few competitions. Click here to see them all.
We’ve all heard about the many health benefits of matcha tea, from cancer-fighting antioxidants, heart health benefits and improved brain function but it can sometimes seem a bit more complicated to make than ordinary tea.
However, JING’s Matcha Shaker makes it really really easy, which I will show you below.
Scroll down to enter the competition to win yourself a shaker, plus check out my easy recipe for a Vegan Vanilla Matcha Latte.
The JING brand was created in 2004 by Ed Eisler, who had a mission to introduce the UK to better quality tea.
Ed and the JING team travel the world to source the very best tea, working closely with producers to ensure the highest quality with a truly unique taste.
Their teas are more than just “tea” and boast complex depth of flavours in each sip, for an enhanced tea-drinking experience.
You can explore their tea selection here.
The prize includes everything you need to brew the perfect matcha tea, including the ingredient, whisk bottle and a beautiful cup to drink it out of.
The full bundle includes:
- 1 x 30 g pot of JING organic matcha tea powder
- 1 x JING Matcha Shaker Bottle
- 1 x JING tea cup with “twin wall”
The main star is the Matcha Shaker which is a stylish gold bottle with a removable whisk.
All you have to do is add the matcha powder, hot water and shake!
It provides the perfect tea without any mess or fuss.
Really quick too.
How to make a Vegan Vanilla Matcha Latte
If you prefer something a little more creamy and sweet, this quick and easy latte is a great introduction to the matcha flavour.
You don’t need any fancy ingredients or equipment for this, as it makes use of the matcha shaker itself.
You will need
(for 1 serving – double measurements for 2 people)
- 1.5 g (approx ½ tsp) matcha powder
- 80 ml dairy-free milk
- (optional) sweetener. I used ½ tsp date syrup but you can use 1 tsp brown sugar, maple syrup or whatever you prefer.
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Gently heat the dairy-free milk in a small saucepan or the microwave.
- Make the matcha tea in the shaker. Add the tea powder to the shaker and top with 160 ml hot water (80 degrees). Shake well.
- Now add the milk, sweetener and vanilla to the shaker.
- Shake again and pour into a glass. It should be nice and frothy!
- Closes 28th January 2022 at midnight.
- UK only. 1 x entry per household.
- Winner contacted within 7 days of closing and has up to 28 days to respond, to claim their prize.
- Full terms and conditions below.
Sorry this competition has now ended.