Smoothies don’t normally strike me as a very Christmas-y, or Winter-y, beverage but this Spiced Cranberry Muffin Smoothie makes me feel so festive!
It’s like drinking a Christmas cranberry muffin… This is partly thanks to the coconut oil and vanilla.
Yes, coconut oil. This might seem weird but I love it in smoothies! Using the unmelted, solid kind will thicken, give a smooth, rich texture and flavour, plus a healthy fat. If you prefer, you can definitely leave it out though, and it will still be delicious.
This smoothie is vegan and also banana-free and – using chia seeds to thicken and add some extra nutrition.
It’s probably the most healthy thing I’ll be eating this Christmas.
As with all my smoothie recipes, this one is banana-free so if you’re not a fan or have intolerances, this is a great option!
If you enjoyed this recipe, let me know in the comments, leave a rating and tag #WallflowerKitchen on instagram so I can share your creations in my stories!
- 110 g / 1 cup cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 300 ml / 1 1/4 cup unsweetened dairy-free milk
- 1 heaped tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tsp coconut oil, solid - unmelted*
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground mixed spice (or pumpkin pie spice mix)
- optional 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 medjool dates OR 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Simply blend all the ingredients together, adjusting the sweetness if needed. The longer the smoothie sits for, the more it will thicken.
*I know coconut oil seems like a weird ingredient in a smoothie but it gives such a wonderful texture and taste! Really makes it taste like a cranberry muffin in smoothie form. Leave out if you prefer.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 255Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 10mgSodium 61mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 6gSugar 31gProtein 6g