Summer pudding is a traditional British dessert made up of bread, soaked in the juice of summer berries. I’ve had the idea to make it into a smoothie flavour for a while now and the result is SO delicious!
Don’t worry though – there is no bread in this smoothie. Instead, I’ve used oats and flaxseed to give that bread-y taste with the added nutritional benefits.
So now I have the flavour of this classic summer dessert in the form of a delicious, healthy breakfast! It’s high in protein, omega 3 and fibre, making it the perfect start to the day.
And not only does this smoothie taste good and is good for you but it looks good too! Look at the pretty colour… so vibrant and uplifting.
So much summer berry goodness!
This smoothie is:
- Source of omega 3
- High in fibre (over 10g per glass)
- High in protein (nearly 10g per glass)
- 1 cup frozen summer fruits, mixed raspberries, blackberries, redcurrants etc.
- 1/2 cup raw gluten-free oats
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk, or other non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp raw agave or 2 medjool dates
- optional 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Simply add all the ingredients to a blender and mix until smooth, adding more almond milk if it's too thick.
- Pour into a large glass and enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 390 Saturated Fat 0.9g Sodium 243mg Carbohydrates 52g Fiber 10.5g Sugar 22.8g Protein 9.5g
What dessert would you love to drink in smoothie-form?