This is one of the best smoothies I’ve ever made or tasted. If you love Bakewell tarts, you need to make this…
A combination of raspberries, almond milk, ground almonds, some almond extract and a little sweetener, create the perfect Bakewell flavour. Serve with some flaked almonds on top to make it look the part!
I can’t say for sure but I think the idea for this smoothie came from all the Nakd Bakewell Tarts I’ve been eating recently. They’re so addictive. You can see my recipe for Bakewell tarts, using the Nakd bars, here. I love it when you can satisfy dessert cravings in the form of healthy breakfasts, don’t you? Not that I have anything against savoury, wholesome breakfasts, which I especially love in the Winter but now we’re heading into Spring, I want something sweet and uplifting to start the day with.
The great thing about this smoothie is that although it is sweet, it’s actually naturally low in sugars, especially if you use xylitol or another sugar-free sweetener.
- 1 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 heaped tbsp ground almonds
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or xylitol, for a low carb option
- (optional) flaked almonds, for decoration
- Simply mix all ingredients together in a blender. Pour into two large glasses and serve with some flaked almonds on top.
Do you prefer sweet or savoury breakfasts?