Jam connoisseurs may turn their noses up at this cheat’s version of homemade jam because it’s not technically jam. It’s more of a thick strawberry puree or a sauce but it works like jam and tastes wonderful! It only takes 5 minutes to make, uses no sugar and tastes delicious dolloped on scones or topped on your oatmeal.
- 1 cup strawberries, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp xylitol or a few drops of stevia
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder or tapioca flour
- Mix the strawberries, xylitol and arrowroot together in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Once boiling, whisk for a few minutes until the mixture turns very thick and stretchy.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool completely before serving.
- Will keep for 2 weeks in the refrigerator.