Whilst shopping in Waitrose, I came across these adorable mini pumpkins and HAD to buy them! I knew they would be perfect for serving up my pumpkin & orange ice cream. This is one of the best ice creams I’ve ever made, I’m very proud of it! And it’s also dairy-free :-)Print
Pumpkin & Orange Ice Cream
- 200g (¾ cup) canned pumpkin
- 350ml (1 ½ cups) coconut milk
- 250ml (1 cup) coconut cream
- Zest of 1 orange (+ a tablespoon of the juice)
- 5 egg yolks (large) *
- 60g (½ cup) coconut sugar
- ½ tsp ground mixed spice (or pumpkin spice mix)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, mix the milk, cream, sugar, spices, vanilla and the orange zest plus 1 tbsp of freshly squeezed orange juice. Heat until it begins to bubble slightly.
- Whisk the egg yolks and add to the pan, keep on a low heat. Stir well and make sure all the ingredients are combined.
- Once mixed well, let it cool for a few hours or preferably over night.
- When the mixture has cooled, whisk in the pumpkin. Then pour the ice cream mix through a sieve to create a smooth liquid. It’s now ready to add to the ice cream maker.
- Follow your ice cream maker’s instructions.
- When it’s ready it should be very thick and creamy. Serve and enjoy!
Serving suggestion: Use mini pumpkins to serve the ice cream in, it’s a really cute way to enjoy it! Simply hollow out the pumpkins using a spoon and knife (removing the seeds and stringly flesh) then spoon the ice cream into the pumpkins.
- Serving Size: 8