Peanut butter and jelly, a classic American flavour combination that took me a long time to understand. Peanut butter… and JELLY?? But it just IS so good, I don’t know why. This ice cream is very quick and easy to make, plus it’s raw, vegan and gluten-free!
Peanut Butter Jelly Ice Cream
Peanut butter ice cream with strawberry jelly swirl (Vegan)
- For the peanut butter ice cream
- 250ml (1 cup) almond milk
- 4 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 30g (1/4 cup) ground almonds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (or raw honey if on a raw diet)
- For the strawberry jelly
- 150g (1 cup) fresh strawberries, halved
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup / honey, or more to taste
- To make the jelly
- Simply blend the strawberries, sweetner and chia seeds together until thick and smooth. Leave to the side for later.
- To make the ice cream
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and follow instructions.
- Once the ice cream has churned, transfer a third of the ice cream into a freezer-safe container.
- Drizzle on top a tsp of the strawberry jelly and swirl around.
- Smooth on another layer of the ice cream and repeat until all the ice cream is in the container and you have visible strawberry swirls.
- Freeze for approx 3 hours (or more) until the ice cream has reached desired consistency.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 3
For more delicious ice cream recipes that are vegan, paleo-friendly and free from refined sugars, check out my book – Coconut Milk Ice Cream!