You can never go wrong with strawberries and cream, especially around this time of year. I’ve worked with Nakd to create these super-delicious Strawberry & Cream Cookie Sandwiches using their new ‘Nakd Nibbles‘!
These cookies are great on their own as a lighter snack or filled with vegan ice cream, instead of the coconut cream, for a hot summer’s day treat. Whichever way you choose to eat them, they are sooooo good! The strawberry and cream flavour combination in cookie form is heaven and then when paired with a cream filling… it just get’s better.
Strawberry & Cream Cookies
- 75 g dairy-free spread or 80ml melted coconut oil
- 80 ml agave syrup
- 3 tbsp strawberry puree
- 200 g ground almonds
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1 bag of Nakd Strawberries and Cream Nibbles
- 1 x 160ml can coconut cream or 1 x 400ml can of full-fat coconut milk, chilled overnight
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- optional chopped freeze-dried strawberries, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180c and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Whisk the dairy-free spread, agave syrup and strawberry puree together in a large bowl.
- Add in the ground almonds, bicarbonate of soda and salt, mixing until well combined and smooth. Stir in the Nakd Strawberries and Cream nibbles,evenly distributing.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop the cookie dough into mounds on the baking sheet. Use your palm to press them down to approximately ½ cm width.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. They will be soft from out of the oven but will firm up as they cool. Decorate with freeze-dried strawberries, if you wish.
- Meanwhile, make the coconut cream filling by whisking the coconut cream with the agave syrup until it resembles whipped cream. If you can't find coconut cream, just use the cream from the top of a chilled can of coconut milk.
- To assemble the cookie sandwiches, simply scoop 1 tbsp of the coconut cream onto one (cooled) cookie side and sandwich together with another cookie.
- These cookie sandwiches can be kept for up to 3 days in the fridge.