This is perhaps my favourite Nakd recipe yet. Raw, gluten-free, vegan and paleo-friendly Millionaire Shortbread Bites! I’ve made these countless times since I first created this recipe a few months ago and have even had requests from friends to make them as well as the recipe so they can make them themselves. Well, here you go! Get the recipe below…
This being another of my Nakd recipes, it of course features a Nakd product. This one being the Salted Caramel Nibbles (which if you haven’t tried yet, I seriously recommend) and is what gives these shortbread bites their rich and sweet caramel flavour.
There is a recipe video for these coming very soon which I will also be sharing on social media. Stay tuned!
For the shortbread base:
- 100 g raw whole oats
- 100 g ground almonds
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- A drop of dairy-free milk
For the salted caramel layer:
- 4 x bags of Nākd Salted Caramel Nibbles
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp dairy-free milk
For the chocolate topping:
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Line an 6 x 8 inch tin or plastic container with cling film.
- Make the shortbread base by adding the oats to a food processor and grinding until it makes oat flour. Then add the ground almonds and the agave nectar. Process again, adding a little drop of almond milk at a time until it starts to clump together slightly but not too much that it becomes wet.
- Press the dough into the bottom of the container, pressing down with the back of a spoon or your fingers to create a firm, even layer. Leave in the freezer whilst you create the caramel layer.
- Add the Nākd Salted Caramel Nibbles to a clean food processor and grind until the nibbles turn crumbly. Then add the coconut oil and almond milk to create a thick, smooth caramel.
- Add the caramel to the top of the shortbread layer and use the back of a spoon to spread it out evenly. Return to the freezer again whilst you make the chocolate topping.
- Add hot water to a small saucepan and place a heat-proof bowl on top. Add the coconut oil and whisk until melted. Stir in the cocoa powder, agave and vanilla until well combined and smooth.
- Pour the chocolate on top of the caramel layer, tilting the container so it's distributed evenly. Return to the freezer for the final time to let the whole thing set.
- Once set, use a sharp knife to cut in 24 small squares. Keep refrigerated for up to 5 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: g
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120 Carbohydrates: 10g Fiber: 1g Protein: 2g