Disclaimer: Thank you to Natural Balance Foods for sponsoring this recipe.
Today’s recipe is a little bit unusual coming from me… Because if you’re a regular reader, you’ll know that I have a banana intolerance.
So why on earth am I posting a recipe with banana in it? Well, before I knew bananas were a problem for me, I tried the “nice cream” trend and I loved it. A couple of years ago, I remember making a peanut butter flavour and it was so delicious. It makes me so sad that I can’t eat it anymore!
But teamed with some trust-worthy taste-testers, I recreated the nice cream recipe I made years ago and it was a hit with them. Adding chunks of Nakd’s new Peanut Delight bar transformed it into a real treat.
I’m confident you will love this too.
This ice cream is:
And if you’re impatient, like me, you can skip the churning part and serve it straight away as a soft-serve ice cream!
Delicious as it is or served as a smoothie bowl base.
- 2 large ripe bananas
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 3 Nakd Peanut Delight bars
- (optional) 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- Peel and chop the bananas. Freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Blend with the peanut butter until smooth.
- Chop the peanut cookie bars into small chunks and stir into the "ice cream".
- (optional) stir in the cacao nibs too.
- Then you can either serve straight away as a "soft serve" ice cream or pour into a freezer-safe container and freeze for another 4 hours or overnight for a scoopable ice cream that you can add to a cone!