As mentioned in one of my previous posts, I have been working with Nākd to create some delicious and healthy recipes using their bars. Second up, I am sharing my individual strawberry cheesecakes which are nearly completely raw, 100% vegan and gluten-free.
The cheesecake base is made up entirely from Nākd’s Strawberry Crunch Bar which has a wonderful crunchy, chewy texture and adds an extra zing of strawberry flavour to the cheesecakes.
These are so delicious, creamy and indulgent yet virtually guilt-free! Perfect served as individual desserts for a dinner party or simply as a treat to share amongst friends.
- 4 Nakd Strawberry Crunch Bars
- 65 g cashew nuts, soaked overnight in water and drained
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 60 ml agave nectar or maple syrup
- 60 ml coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 pitted dates
- 6 large strawberries
- Grease or line a muffin tin or preferably use a silicon muffin tray to make the cheesecakes easier to remove.
- Chop the Nakd bars in a food processor or high powered blender into small bits and divide them into 6 sections. Press firmly into the bottom of the muffin tins or silicon trays to make 6 cheesecake bases.
- Blend together the cashew nuts, agave nectar/maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla until it makes a smooth silky mixture. Pour the mixture onto each of the cheesecake bases until it fills the top.
- Make the strawberry swirl by blending together the dates and strawberries then dropping a few dots of the mixture onto the top of the cheesecakes. Use a skewer to gently swirl the strawberry mixture around.
- Place the cheesecakes in the freezer overnight or for at least 4 hours to set.
- Sit at room temperature before serving and enjoy!