Thank you Natural Balance for sponsoring this recipe!
As long-time readers of my blog will know by now, I regularly work with one of my favourite brands – Nakd bars! And they’ve had a few new products out recently, including their Cocoa Coconut bars and… oh my goodness. They’re incredible. If you love Bounty bars, you need to try these.
I’ve used these tasty bars as the base for these sweet, creamy Mango Cheesecake Slices. Free from dairy, gluten, refined sugars and any nasties.
For the cheesecake:
- 4 Nakd Coco Coconut Bars
- 1/2 cup 75g cashew nuts, soaked overnight in water and drained
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup 60ml agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup 60ml coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the topping:
- 1 cup / 200g chopped mango
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1 tbsp agave nectar or maple syrup
- optional zest of 2 limes
- Line an 8inch / 21cm cake tin (preferably square shape) with greaseproof paper.
- Add the Nakd bars to a food processor or high-powered blender until they are broken up into small crumbs. Press into the bottom of the tin to create a firm, even base.
- Blend together the cashew nuts, lime juice, agave, coconut oil and vanilla until you have a smooth cheesecake mixture. Pour onto the Nakd bar base and place in the freezer for at least 2 hours to set.
- Meanwhile, create the mango topping by blending the mango, arrowroot and agave together until smooth, then add to a saucepan on a medium heat and stir until it turns into a thick, smooth sauce.
- Remove the cheesecake from the freezer and pour the mango mixture on top. Return to the freezer to set for a further 2 hours or overnight.
- To serve, top with extra sliced mango and lime zest. Leave to stand at room temperature for about 10 minutes before slicing.
- Can be kept in the freezer for up to 5 days. Enjoy!