Chocolate and orange is one of my favourite flavour combinations, so naturally the Nākd Cocoa Orange bars are something I enjoy quite often!
This recipe is a very simple way to turn the snack bars into cute little treats, ideal for gifts and special occasions.
The colours of these pops make me think of Halloween which is why I’m sharing them with you all now, a couple of weeks before Halloween! See all my Nākd recipes here.
- 4 Nākd Cocoa Orange bars
- 100 g vegan-friendly dark chocolate
- Zest of 1 large orange
- Divide the 4 Nākd bars into 5 sections and roll each into a firm ball. Gently push a cake pop stick into the centre of each ball and leave to firm up some more in the freezer.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate by placing it in a heatproof bowl over a pot of boiled water. Once melted, leave to cool slightly at room temperature.
- Scatter the orange zest onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper and leave in the oven (heated at 150c) for about 10 minutes until the zest is dried out completely. Once dried, place the orange zest in a food processor or spice grinder and pulse until it looks like small sprinkles.
- When the chocolate has cooled slightly but is still runny, dip the cake pops in one at a time. Twirl the pop to make sure the chocolate is evenly coated and then sprinkle the orange zest all over the pop. Return to the freezer or fridge to set for 30 minutes.
- Once set, enjoy!