Recently I’ve been working with Nākd to create some delicious, healthy desserts using their wonderful bars.
Here is the first recipe I’d like to share, to make the most of the tail end of the sunshine and warm weather… ‘Cashew Cookie Dough Ice Cream’ using Nākd’s Cashew Cookie bar for the cookie dough chunks and the Cocoa Delight bar for the chocolate chips.
The ice cream is coconut milk based and is adapted from the Cookie Dough ice cream recipe in my book ‘Coconut Milk Ice Cream‘.
This means it’s vegan, dairy-free, egg-free, soy-free and free from refined sugars. Guilt-free but just as delicious as the real deal!
- 720 ml / 3 cups coconut milk
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 120 ml / ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- optional 1 tbsp of alcohol (such as vodka, brandy, whiskey etc - to help keep the ice cream soft)
- 2 Nākd Cashew Cookie Bars, cut into 1cm chunks
- 2 Nākd Cocoa Delight Bars, cut into small chips
- Mix 60ml / ¼ cup coconut milk with the arrowroot powder in a small bowl and set aside.
- Pour the rest of the coconut milk and maple syrup into a large saucepan and bring to a boil. As soon as the mixture begins to boil, stir in the arrowroot mixture to thicken the liquid. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla and alcohol.
- Chill the mixture in the fridge until cold and churn. During the last few minutes of churning, add in the cashew cookie chunks and cocoa delight chips.
- Transfer the ice cream to a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 3 hours or overnight.