To continue my rose water obsession, I have made these vegan mini panna cotta desserts, pairing the rose with strawberries, vanilla and coconut milk.
Mini Rose & Strawberry Panna Cotta Dessert
A cute, mini dessert
- For the coconut milk panna cotta
- 380ml (1 2/3 cup) coconut milk
- 2 heaped tsp agar flakes
- 2 tbsp agave syrup or 50g sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp rose water
- (optional) 1 tsp red food dye
- For the strawberry coulis base
- 100g (1/2 cup) strawberries, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp agave syrup or 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp agar flakes
- Heat the coconut milk and agar flakes in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil for a minute until the milk starts bubbling and the agar flakes have been activated and fully dissolved.
- Reduce the heat and add the vanilla extract, rose water and red dye if your are using. Simmer for 2 minutes before removing from the heat and leaving to cool.
- Once the coconut milk has cooled, pour into greased moulds 3/4 full (leaving enough room for the coulis base.) I suggest using a silicone mini muffin mould or similar.
- Place moulds in the fridge to set for at least 2 hours.
- Whilst they are setting, make the strawberry coulis by placing the strawberries and sugar in a saucepan and simmer, adding as much water as you need. After a few minutes, the consistency should be smoothie-like. Strain the strawberry pulp and discard. Then add the agar flakes and bring to a boil for a minute to make sure it is activated and dissolved. Leave to cool.
- When the coconut milk has set, add the strawberry coulis on top to create a base layer. Leave to set for at least another hour.
- They should now be ready! Serve with fresh strawberries and any leftover coulis…