Halloween isn’t as huge in the UK as it is in America. At most we get one or two trick or treaters but sometimes we get none at all. Still, it’s always a good idea to have some treats to hand so, wanting to be prepared in advance, I picked up some cheap “fun-sized” treats from the Supermaket. Also in the supermarket, I spotted these beautiful Chrysanthemums in Autumn shades for only £3 which gave me an idea…
A very quick, easy and inexpensive Halloween gift idea!
This Halloween Treat arrangement would be a perfect gift for a neighbour or friend’s with children who can enjoy the sweets. The jar inside simply lifts out to leave behind the container filled with treats! Follow the instructions below to make your own.
You will need…
- A small-ish glass or plastic container to fill the sweets with. It can be square or round
- An empty, clean jam jar to fit inside the container
- 1 bunch of flowers of your choice, think Halloween colours – orange, purple, blood-red roses etc.
- Bag of fun-sized treats
- Sit the jam jar in the centre of your container and fill with gaps with sweets. Squeeze in as much as you can!
- Arrange your flowers with a slight domed shape (tallest in the centre.) and cut down to size. Place them in the jar to see how they look, then trim if they need to be shortened and re-arrange them to see what way they look best.
- Tie a piece of string around the stems (about 1 inch from the bottom) to secure and place them in the jar.
- When you’re happy with the way it looks, you’re done!