Chips are my ultimate comfort food so these fat-free oven baked fries are my guilt-free dream come true! I promise they are every bit as delicious as the fried, clinic fat-laden kind…
- Approx 3 medium white potatoes
- Salt and pepper, salve to taste
- optional onion powder, ed garlic powder and mixed herbs
- Preheat the oven to 200c. / 180c (fan assisted) and line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper or foil. Alternatively, use a silicone baking mat or "1 cal" olive oil spray.
- Cut the chips into matchsticks, approximately 3/4cm width or if you prefer them chunkier, simply bake for longer. I like to leave the skin on for a more rustic taste but peel if you prefer.
- Toss the chips with the salt, pepper and any extra seasonings you like.
- Bake for 25 minutes, shaking the tray occasionally, until golden brown. They should be light and fluffy on the inside with a golden coating.
- Serve and enjoy!
To make frozen chips, simply cut the chips, season and spritz them with some low-fat olive oil spray. Place them in a freezer-safe ziplock bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Bake for an extra 5-10 minutes from frozen.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 210 Carbohydrates: 43g Fiber: 6g Protein: 5g