After discovering how easy homemade scrubs are to make, as are a lot of homemade beauty products I’m sure, I can’t see myself ever spending money out for a shop bought one again. Especially seeing as when you make homemade ones, you can alter it to whatever needs and wants you have!
I love body scrubs that not only leave you with soft, silky skin but also leave your skin smelling wonderful too. And what’s more appropriate, for a Spring body scrub, than the beautiful scent of flowers?
DIY ✿ Floral Body Scrub
This scrub will leave you feeling relaxed and uplifted!
You will need…
- 500g / 2 cups coarse sea salt or granulated sugar
- 240ml / 1 cup oil (olive oil, coconut oil – melted and sweet almond oil are good choices)
- 2 tbsp rose water
- Dried flower petals. I used this ‘rainbow petal mix‘ of assorted dried flowers and some dried rose petals.
- 2 tbsp dried lavender
- A clean jar or container
- In a large bowl, mix together the sea salt (or sugar) with the oil. Add more salt if it’s too oily, or more oil if it’s too dry.
- Stir in the rose water.
- Stir in the dried flower petals and lavender. Enjoy the heavenly floral aroma!
- Transfer to a jar or container and keep for up to 2 months.