I found a delicious recipe from Green & Blacks for Salt Water Truffles using milk chocolate but I’ve adapted the following recipe using dark chocolate and an optional teaspoon of honey. They are very rich truffles so it’s hard to over indulge ;-) I must warn you though, sales these are quite messy to make so make sure you’ve got some kitchen towels nearby!
Dark Salt Water Truffles
Deliciously, dark and salty truffles. Only 1g carb each!
- Yield: 30 1x
- 150g dark chocolate (I used 1½ bars of Green & Blacks 85%)
- 1 tsp honey (optional)
- 55ml water
- A generous pinch of salt
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- Break the chocolate bars into small pieces and set aside.
- Heat the water and salt in a pan, once it starts to boil remove from the heat.
- Add the chocolate pieces and honey and stir until dissolved.
- Pour into a bowl and leave to cool, then leave in the fridge overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- To make the truffles, pour some cocoa powder into a bowl (I used about 3 heaped tbsps) and dust some onto your hands.
- Take a tsp of the mixture and roll in your hands to form a small ball, then place in the bowl of cocoa powder.
- Repeat until you have used all the mixture.
- Place the truffles back in the fridge for another hour or so to firm up, then enjoy!