After discovering the genius idea of “cauliflower rice” I’ve been experimenting with it in different ways. In this recipe, I’ve used it to stuff peppers with and it makes a very healthy, vegan and satisfying dish. It would also make a lovely side or starter for a dinner party :-)Print
Curried Stuffed Peppers
- 2 peppers
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- 3 tbsp or 1 small diced onions
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- “Rice” the cauliflower by chopping it roughly then add it to a blender. Fill the blender with water and blend for a few seconds until it has become riced. Then drain the water from the cauliflower.
- In a bowl, mix the cauliflower rice, garlic, spices, tomato puree and onion and microwave for 3 minutes.
- Cut the peppers in half length-ways and cut out the seeds.
- Fill the peppers with the rice mixture, drizzle with a little olive oil and put in the oven to cook for 25 minutes.
- Serve alone or with salad.
- Serving Size: 2