I make these potatoes a lot, they are so addictive and I often use them in place of chips/fries because I think they are tastier and a little healthier too! Tonight I had them with steak and salad which really hit the spot.
The recipe calls for garlic olive oil instead of chopped garlic, as I find the garlic bits end up burning and ruining the dish. But try and get hold of a good quality garlic infused olive oil or make your own by leaving 4 or 5 garlic cloves in a bottle of olive oil for about a week to marinade. Some cheaper brands I’ve tried are very weak, like Morrisons (sorry to name names) but Waitrose brand has a really nice strong, natural flavour.
And the same goes for the salt, a good quality, coarse sea salt can’t be replaced by ordinary table salt. It just won’t be the same!
Crispy Garlic & Sea Salt Potatoes
A delicious side dish
- 1kg baby new or charlotte potatoes, washed
- 2 tbsp coarse sea salt
- 1 or 2 tbsp garlic infused olive oil
- (Optional) fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200c.
- Depending on the size of the potatoes, cut them in half, quarters or leave them whole if they are tiny.
- Place the chopped potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Add a little salt and bring to the boil. Cook for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Drain the potatoes and transfer to a roasting dish.
- Drizzle the olive oil on top of them and scatter over the salt evenly.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes until golden brown. The skins should be crispy whilst the inside is fluffy.
- Serve with fresh chopped parsley (optional) and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 4