Lavender has quite a earthy, perfumey taste but a slightly mute flavour, like the vanilla, so the sweetness from the blueberries and maple syrup were needed to add some strength and zing. All together, very delicious. Next I’m going to try lavender in baking… mmm
- 40g oats (use gluten-free if preferred)
- 250ml dairy-free milk (or water for a less creamy porridge)
- 100g blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1tbsp culinary lavender
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup, to taste
- Heat the blueberries in a saucepan with a drop of water until the water turns purple and the blueberries soften.
- Stir in the porridge oats and milk.
- Add the lavender, maple syrup and vanilla
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 3 minutes, stirring continually.
- Take off the heat, serve and enjoy hot!