Aubergine & Red Pepper Curry
A quick and easy vegan curry
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 medium aubergines, cut into chunks
- 3 red bell peppers, cut into chunks
- 2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garam marsala
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- Fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and add the onions. Cook for a couple of minutes as they begin to soften.
- Add the aubergine, peppers, spices, garlic and ginger and continue to cook for another 3 minutes.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes and bring to the boil. Then reduce and leave to simmer for 10 minutes until the vegetables are soft and tender, adding a little water if it becomes too thick.
- Scatter over the chopped fresh coriander
- Serve with rice, naan bread and fresh yoghurt